Wednesday 4 November 2015

UNIT-1 Type of production

Type of production

In the brief it explains that I should make a film which is 2-4 minutes long with my given group. my original idea was to make a hybrid genre film which consisted of the genres horror, drama and comedy.

My original film idea featured a serial killer on the loose chasing two friends through this block. the boy would go into this fire exit which lead him through a maze of walls. the killer would be slowly approaching them. The two friends would be hiding and the killer get one of them with the other one oblivious. when the main character finds his friends dead body he is in shock and tries to run away but the killer jump scares him and he drops leaving him crawling back saying "please don't do this". the boy is "stabbed" multiple times and the killer walks away but then we see the body being dragged away by someone else. As the scene fades away there is a flash back to what happened before. This makes the film Non-Linear.

The film would be open ended as I believe that it makes the film more interesting because the audience would still be asking questions after the film is done. And personally from personal experience I enjoy films when I can be left with questions or when the film leaves me curious. furthermore I've made the film Non-Linear as I think it adds to the excitement and since i want my film to engage viewers i think this will be the best type of production.

No comments:

Post a Comment