Sunday 29 November 2015

UNIT 1 - A1 - Locations


For our film, we have decided to film outside school unlike other groups who have decided to stick with being inside school. By doing this we believe it will give us a wider range to express our ideas and will also mean we have a better chance of doing things we wouldn't normally be able to do in school

The location we have chosen is Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens and the main area of Vauxhall. The reason as to why I chose this was because I know the area very well and it has some great spots for us to film. We decided to film at the times of 4:45-5:45pm as it gets quite dark very quickly these days and it will also add to the effect of horror, seeing as our film is horror based the time and look will have a great effect of on the audience.

The first scene will be one of the characters who ends up getting stabbed in the hotel lobby coming out. The hotel we have chosen is The Park Plaza hotel based near the river Thames. This hotel has a great look to it and is very eye catching. This will in my opinion look very good and add to the quality of the film.

Here is a look of the hotel.


This is the angle we will use when the character comes out (a low camera shot).  This angle shows that the character is very important as it shows the audience looking up to him. This in my opinion will work very effectively. This scene will take up to about 10 seconds as it has my character coming out of the hotel on the Segway.

The next scene the camera will be following me (a tracking shot) through various parts of Vauxhall. During this there will be a cut scene to the other characters where one of them is calling/ texting me to see where I am. My character is too busy 'snapchatting' and listening to music to respond or pick up. 

The camera will follow me through this: 

This will be filming with diegetic sound which is grime music from the characters iPhone playing. This will enable the audience to hear what the character is hearing so again the production is linking to the audience.

There will then be some cross cutting to the other characters who will be sitting and waiting on the bench waiting. The audience will know this is happening simultaneously as the scenes will be quick to cut.

The camera will cut to this

This is a medium long shot showing the characters getting annoyed and also showing their body language. The lighting is also very good as it is under a lamppost. The lighting focused on the characters who are on the bench and then the darkness behind them also indicates a theme of horror and that something bad was going to happen.

As that scene ends. The camera cuts back to my character still in his own world 'segwaying along'. This will add some humour as I explained how we are going for some laughter as well as screams. I believe the two genres of horror and comedy are the most intriguing as they entertain the audience the most. 

The camera will then cut back to my character in this area 

The camera will stay in this position as I am going in zig-zag motion away from it as I am videoing myself and saying "obviously mans on his segway". This again adding to the humour. The scene then cuts to one of the 3 characters who are waiting on the bench in the park for me where he is getting frustrated and is ringing/calling my phone. This will be the angle and shot:


This is the same bench but in a lower angle to show the character on the phone getting angry. This scene will last 5-8 second and then will cut back to a medium shot of one of the other characters saying "he's really taking the piss now it's been 15 minutes and he's still not here" then Habons character goes "oh don't worry I'm sure he's just around the corner rushing to get here". Then the scene cuts to my character in the corner shop Londis choosing what food to buy. This again showing humour.


 The scene then shows me getting out of Londis and actually on my way to my friend who have been waiting a long time. I then get to a tunnel which I have to go through. When I go through the Tunnel the camera will be following me from behind smoothly (a tracking shot) this will be added so that we have a variety of different angles and shots. 


Now this is where the horror part comes in. There will be an angle from another characters point of view who is the killer/stabber. This angle is a canted angle where it shows the killer stalking me and following my move. The killer is behind a tree and is lurking without me noticing.


No comments:

Post a Comment